Forsta Filters is hiring an Entry Level Mechanical Engineer.
Join a growing water filtration team!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Must master the principlesof automatic self-cleaning screen filter technology. Understand sizing, material selection, operating parameters& troubleshooting.
- Learn all engineering facets of the custom fabrication process by working directly with our lead design engineer, to eventually assume some custom fabrication responsibility
- Be able to prepare custom submittal packages
- Become primary engineering contacton a slate of projects.
- Become familiar with automatic self-cleaning filterspeclanguage
- Communicate and collaborate with customers for resolution of technical issues
- Provide design for manufacturing to support lead engineer
- Create 3D models, drawings, and other supporting documentation as needed for custom projects
- Learnsupply chain/sourcing and establish relationships with vendors for both off-the-shelf as well as custom fabricated components
- Work directly with inventory and warehouse personnel to understand and improve existing inventory system
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure smooth transition of projects into production
- Willingness to travel to onsite startup/training visits in order to ultimately become proficient and autonomous with periodic site support
- Ability to interface with the Customer Resource Manager (CRM) and provide price quotes/adjustments to quotes as needed.
- Assist company growth initiatives, as needed, including capability development, process improvement and business expansion with customers
- Support sales efforts to engage and attract new customers and expand business with existing customers
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years work experience in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Material Science
- Experience working with manufacturing partners preferred
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail oriented; with exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated success in creatively solving problems
- Rapid issue resolution
- Capable of working in a hands-on, fast-paced, evolving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with a variety of manufacturing processes (casting, metal forming, welding, precision machining) and assembly methods preferred
- Experience with a variety of materials (metals, polymers, elastomers, etc.) preferred
- Comfort with a variety of power tools
- Familiarity with spec compliance standards
- Working knowledge in 3D CAD tools and Solidworks
- Working knowledge with ULpreferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
Forsta Filters designs and manufactures premier self-cleaning water filtration systems for the industrial, irrigation, and municipal sectors.
Founded in 2010, Forsta Filters has an established international reputation in water filtration, with products featuring precision engineering, robust construction, and innovative design. Forsta equipment is recognized in the industry as efficient and reliable.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview, and for details regarding salary & benefits.
Employment Type: Full-time
Weekly Hours: M-F 8am – 5pm
Work Location: North Hollywood, CA 91605